How To Use The Betting Odds Calculator

Using the Pickswise betting odds calculator couldn’t be more simple. A quick two-step process to calculate your potential winnings and payout for any bet, using any form of odds.

  1. First add your bet stake into the top box where it states ‘Bet Amount’
  2. Secondly you must add the odds of your pick into the box of your preferred odds format, with American, Fractional or Decimal options all available. The calculator will instantly calculate your potential winnings and payout.
  3. To check the payout of a different bet, just hit the reset button at the bottom and follow the same steps above again.  

How Are Sports Bets Calculated?

Sports bets are given odds, which are based on the probability of something happening or not happening, this can be a team to win a match, or a whole host of other types of bet. These odds are then multiplied by the bettor’s stake, which is how much they wish to wager, to calculate your total payout, along with the profit of the bet, which is simply the payout minus the total stake. 

How To Calculate American Odds Payouts

The way American odds are formatted are to be based around the number 100. When American odds start with a ‘-‘, they’re telling you how much you have to wager to *win* $100. When American odds start with a ‘+’, they’re telling you how much you’ll win if you *wager* $100. If a team is -220 on the money line, that means you’d need to wager $220 to win $100. If a team is +175, that means you’d win $175 if you bet $100 and your bet cashes. To find out what it means for smaller numbers, you simply do the division proportionally. Just like how you’d have to wager $220 to win $100 on a -220 favorite, you’d wager $22 to win $10. But simply just add your american odds into the calculator above, along with your stake and the Pickswise odds calculator will take care of the rest.

How To Calculate Fractional Odds Payouts

Fractional betting odds are easy to calculate. Like we just broke down, it’s the amount you’d win as the numerator, with the amount you’re betting as the denominator. If a horse has fractional odds of

7/2, that means you would need to bet $2 to win $7. From there, you can just do the math to extrapolate for any wager amount. You just take the fraction, do the division, and then multiply it by the wager amount. 7/2 = 3.5, so you just multiply whatever you want to bet by 3.5. If you’re looking to wager $50 and see 7/2, you would just multiply $50 by 3.5, which means you would win $175 if the bet cashes. But simply just add your fractional odds into the calculator above, along with your stake and the Pickswise odds calculator will take care of the rest.

How To Calculate Decimal Odds Payouts

Decimal odds are easy to calculate. Whatever the number is, that’s how much you’ll get back for every $1 you bet. That’s not all profit though, that includes your stake. If the decimal odds are 1.98, that means you’ll get back $1.98 total if you bet $1. So you’d only be making 98 cents profit in that scenario. Say the decimal odds are 1.95, and you want to know how much you’d make if you bet $50. You just multiply 1.95 times 50, and get $97.5. That means you’d make $47.5 profit in that scenario. 2.00 means the odds are +100 in American odds, because you’d be betting $1, winning $1 in profit, and getting back $2 total. Anything above 2.00 means it’s a plus-money underdog. But simply just add your decimal odds into the calculator above, along with your stake and the Pickswise odds calculator will take care of the rest.

What Is A Probability To Odds Calculator?

Both probability and odds are a way of stating the chance of the occurrence or non-occurrence of a particular event. Where they differ, is that the probability an event will occur is the fraction of times you expect to see that event in a number of trials. Whereas the odds are defined as the probability that the event will occur divided by the probability that it will not occur.

For example, If the probability of an event is 0.60 (60%), then the probability that the event will not occur is 1-0.60 = 0.40, or 40%. Meaning the odds chance would be 0.60 / (1-0.60) = 0.60/0.40 = 1.5/1 or +150

Fortunately, the Pickswise Betting Odds Calculator takes care of all of this for you. Just like calculating the winnings and payout for your bets, it will also calculate the probability of the pick for you. 

Next Games

Virginia Bonuses

See All
FanDuel Sportsbook

$200

Bet $5, Win $200 In Free Bets!

Sign up for a new account with FanDuel Sportsbook and make your first deposit

Bet $5 on any sport, any market

Win $200 in free bets regardless if your bet wins or loses

Must be 21 years or over to participate. Reward paid in site credit. Offer valid for new players only. Full terms available at FanDuel Sportsbook.

PointsBet

$500

Get 5x $100 Risk-Free Bets!

Sign up for a new PointsBet account

Make a bet of up to $100 and receive a refund if you lose

Get this offer once a day for the first 5 days you sign up

Must be 21+. Full terms are available at PointsBet.

DraftKings

$200

Bet $5 on Any MLB Game, Get $200 if Your Team Wins!

Sign up for a new account with DraftKings Sportsbook and make your first deposit

Bet $5 on any MLB team to win their next game

Win $200 in free bets + any cash winnings from your original wager

Offer valid for new players only. Must be 21 years or older to play. Reward paid in site credit. Full terms available at DraftKings Sportsbook.

Monkey Knife Fight

$100

Claim Instant Deposit Match up to $100 + Free $5 game

Register for a Monkey Knife Fight account & deposit using promo code PICKSWISE100

Monkey Knife Fight will match your first deposit up to $100

Deposit $100 and you'll get $100 bonus + a free $5 game

18+. Terms and conditions apply. You must live in one of the states where real money DFS is legal.

PointsBet

$2,000

Get $2,000 in Risk-Free Bets!

Register for a new PointsBet account & deposit

Receive a free bet refund up to $500 if your first fixed odds bet loses

& a free bet refund up to $1,500 if your first two PointsBetting Wager loses

Must be 21+. Full terms are available at PointsBet.

Caesars Sportsbook

$1,500

Get up to $1,500 Risk-Free First Bet!

Sign up for a new Caesars Sportsbook account

Make your first deposit of $50+

If your first bet is not a winner, get it all back as a free bet (up to $1,100) if you lose!

21+. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers

$250

Get a $250 Deposit Bonus!

Sign up for a new BetRivers account using promo code PICKSWISE

Make a deposit & get it doubled up to $250 total

To get a $100 bonus, deposit $100

Must be 21+. Play in IA Only. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-BETS OFF

Unibet

$500

Get a $500 Risk-Free Bet!

Register for a new Unibet account & make a deposit

Place your first bet up to $500 risk-free!

Get refunded up if you lose up to $500

New players only. Terms & conditions apply. 21+. VA only.

BetMGM

$1,000

Get a $1,000 Risk Free Bet!

Register for a new BetMGM & deposit

Place your first bet up to $1,000 risk-free!

Get refunded up if you lose up to $1,000

21+. Terms & conditions apply.

FanDuel Sportsbook

$1,000

Get a $1,000 Risk Free Bet!

Register for a new FanDuel Sportsbook account & deposit

Place your first bet up to $1,000 risk-free!

Get refunded up if you lose up to $1,000

21+. Terms & conditions apply.

DraftKings

$1,000

Get a $1,000 Deposit Bonus!

Register for a new DraftKings Sportsbook account & deposit

DraftKings will match 20% of your deposit up to $1,000 total

To get a $100 bonus, deposit $500

21+. Terms & conditions apply.

Monkey Knife Fight

$100

Claim 100% Instant Deposit Match up to $100!

Register for a Monkey Knife Fight account & deposit using promo code PICKSWISE100

Monkey Knife Fight will match your first deposit up to $100

Deposit $100 and you'll get $100 bonus + a free $5 game

18+. Terms and conditions apply. You must live in one of the states where real money DFS is legal.

Yahoo DFS

$25

Get $25 in Site Credit With Yahoo DFS When You Deposit $5!

Register for a new account with Yahoo DFS and deposit $5+

Enter a $5 DFS contest

Upon entry, you will receive a bonus $25 in credit into your account!

21+ and new players only. Full terms available from Yahoo DFS.

PointsBet

$100

Bet $100 Risk-Free on every NBA Finals Game

Sign up for a new PointsBet account

Make a bet of up to $100 and receive a refund if you lose

Each NBA Finals game, your first Fixed Odds bet on the game will be Risk-Free up to $100

Must be 21+. Full terms are available at PointsBet.

TVG

$300

Get a $300 Risk-Free Bet with TVG Racebook!

Register for a new TVG account and make a deposit

Place your first single horse win-type bet up to $300

If your horse doesn't win you'll get a refund up to $300

21+. T&C's apply. Please gamble responsibly.

TwinSpires

$200

Get a $200 Sign-Up Bonus with Twinspires Racebook!

Open your TwinSpires.com account using offer code BET200

$200 bonus cash will be credited in increments of $100 for every $400 wagered

To earn the full $200 bonus players must wager $800 within 30 days

21+. Terms and conditions apply.