TVG Racing Promo Code and Sign-Up Bonus
Written by: Phil Agius, Head of ProductionFact checked by: Luke Lindholm
Table Of Contents:
TVG Racebook has been one of the premier providers of horse racing betting in the US since 1993. There is no name more trusted in remote horse racing than TVG. Acquired in 2018 by FanDuel, the brand has only become more of an industry powerhouse upon joining forces with the successful daily fantasy sports (DFS) and sports betting brand.
Available in many states, TVG offers competitive odds, a streamlined mobile and desktop experience, and innovative features like live streaming of horse races directly from the app and website. Here we will get into many factors, including how to sign up for TVG, placing wagers on the racebook, bonuses and promotions, the states where TVG operates and the mobile app and website. We’ll also discuss banking, customer service and bet types offered. We’ll outline every essential element that makes TVG one of the best racebooks in the industry.
How to sign up for a TVG racing account
Signing up for an account at TVG is an easy process. Here we will get into the exact instructions step-by-step to make it easy for new users.
- First, download the TVG mobile app or navigate to TVG.com via any of the links in this review. If you use an Android device, you cannot download the TVG app from the Google Play Store, so go to TVG.com to download the app. Users of iOS devices can download the app directly from the App Store at Apple.
- Select “Sign Up” to be taken to the first registration screen.
- Here you will enter personal details like your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number, username and password.
- On the second registration page, you will enter your home address to confirm that you live in a state where TVG operates. You will also provide the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Now you can confirm your details, select your TV provider (optional) and enter your TVG promo code to receive up to $200 back on your first bet.
- Now select “Finish Registration.” Once TVG has verified your account, you will receive a verification email, and you can place your first deposit and start wagering. We will discuss how to place bets on the racing book next.
How to place a bet on TVG racing
While newcomers to betting on horses may have questions about the exact process of placing your wagers, it is pretty straightforward. Here we will go into exactly how to place a wager on TVG step-by-step. The process differs between the desktop site and the mobile app, so we will look at both separately.
- First, log in to your TVG account using your username and password.
- You can create a bet via a button at the top right of your screen; select this option.
- This will open a bet ticket. On this ticket, you can select the track, race number, bet type and bet amount using the drop-down menus on the bet ticket. There are squares to the left of the horses that you will click to select which horses you would like to bet on. You can now select your wager type and click the green “Confirm Bet” button to finish placing your wager.
- If there are issues with your wager selections and they are not valid, the “Confirm Bet” button will be pale green and read “Please make your selection.” Please revise your wager and click “Confirm Bet” again if this occurs.
- You will now have one more opportunity to confirm your wager. Review and make sure that everything is correct, and then finalize the wager. There is also a box at the bottom of the bet ticket enabling you to turn off this final wager confirmation step in the future if you choose.
- You can now click “Submit Bet Now” to finalize your wager, and you will receive a confirmation message confirming its placement.
- Step one via the mobile app is selecting the track you want to wager on. There is a “Tracks” option at the bottom of the screen that you must select, and you will then see all available tracks.
- Select a track by tapping its name, then select the race number for the race you want to bet on.
- You will see a list of wager types above the horses on each race page. You can see all listed wager types and bet placement options by dragging your finger from right to left. Select a wager type.
- You will now have the opportunity to select your horses by tapping the plus (+) icon on the right of the screen. Once you select your horses, you can start the bet placement process by tapping the green “Bet” button.
- Now you can confirm your wager by selecting “Confirm Bet.” Follow the subsequent prompts to finalize your bet.
TVG racing bonuses and promotions
It is wise in any form of gambling to take advantage of as many bonuses and promotions as possible. The margins are thin when attempting to make money on horse racing, and lucrative promos can drastically increase your return on investment (ROI). Here we will look at what types of bonuses are available at TVG and how they work. We will also outline the current TVG promo code offer for newcomers to the racebook.
First, let’s get into the current welcome bonus at TVG. Using this lucrative TVG promo code opportunity, new sign-ups can receive up to $200 back on their first wager if it loses. The bet has to be a ” win-type wager,” which includes these types of bets: win, win/place, win/show or win/place/show. 33 states are eligible for this offer, and the qualifying bet must be placed within 15 days of registration. One must also play through the $200 in bet credits 1x before eligibility to withdraw the funds.
Let’s also look at other types of promotions available at TVG. You will find a lot of special promos for significant events such as the Kentucky Derby and other Triple Crown races, the Breeders’ Cup and others. An example of such an offer from recent years is the cashback refunds extended to Kentucky Derby bettors on losing win bets on horses who finished second or third. Here are some other examples of standard TVG promos:
Free deposits: On free deposits, TVG will waive the deposit fees on deposits of $50 or more. These will generally be eligible on a user’s first daily deposit.
Enhanced prize pools: Enhanced prize pools entail TVG increasing the winnings on particular pick 4 and pick 6 bets.
Exotic insurance: With exotic insurance, users who place specific exacta and trifecta wagers but lose by a small margin will receive their wager back as bet credits.
Free past performances program: In the free past performances program, TVG will reimburse bettors who purchase any of the following TVG track cards:
- TVG Full PPs
- TVG Basic PPs
- TVG Watch and Wager PPs
- State Race Lens Day Pass
You must wager at least $10 ($25 for State Race Lens Day) on your purchased track card to be eligible for this offer.
Super 5 contests: Super 5 contests at TVG are among the more exciting offers and are free to participate in. Simply visit the promotions page to see the five eligible races. The object is to select the winner of each. Any bettor who picks the winner of all five will share in the $5,000 prize pool. There is also a second $1,000 prize pool for those who select four of the five winners.
Super 8 contests: While this type of contest is currently on hiatus, when it runs it offers the opportunity for huge winnings. These generally run on Sundays and require users to pick the winner of eight different races. Whoever selects the most receives their share of a $100,000 pot. There have even been times when the pot was as large as $250,000. Plus, consolation prizes have been offered to those who select at least five winners.
Refer-a-friend program: Another bonus offered by TVG is its referral program. The current offer is a $25 bonus for each referred person who makes an initial deposit of at least $10 within 30 days of registering. You can receive your unique referral code using the “$25 Referral Bonus” icon on your account via the website or mobile app. You can either copy the referral link or send an invitation via text, email or multiple social media channels.
Which states is TVG racing legal in
The first consideration when choosing a racebook is whether or not it is legal in your state. TVG is available in many states throughout the nation. Let’s look at a complete list of active states for TVG.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
TVG racing mobile app review
It is crucial when analyzing any racebook to consider its mobile app. Many handicappers will prefer placing wagers on the go or even from the comfort of their mobile devices when at home watching races. Let’s take a look at all aspects of the TVG mobile app.
Most importantly, one must be able to access the app from their device. Fortunately, the TVG mobile app is available for iOS and Android platforms. User reviews are overwhelmingly positive on both operating systems. One thing worth noting is that Android users cannot download the app directly from the Google Play Store as it does not allow gambling apps to be displayed. However, the app can be downloaded directly from the TVG website for Android and obtained from the App Store for iOS.
One of the significant things we have noticed is that the app is quite responsive, making it easy to place your bets in a timely manner. It is also very well organized, although perhaps somewhat complex, yet this is a plus for experienced bettors, and it is easy enough to get the hang of for new users.
On the app’s home screen, you will see a list of races available for betting organized chronologically, with those occurring soonest showing first. Many races are live-streamed directly from the app, making it a one-stop shop for betting and enjoying the racing action. You can even set alerts in the app to remind you to bet on upcoming races you’re interested in.
You can also look at picks provided by TVG’s experts on the app. This is helpful to inform your handicap without having to leave the platform. There are also a lot of different statistics available directly through the app, providing you with much of the racing form information you need to handicap the races properly.
Another key thing we have noticed is that the mobile bet ticket is very well organized and easy to populate and read. It makes it highly logical to move between single wagers and more exotic bet types.
Lastly, it is essential to analyze the storage space needed for installation and updates. Although the app is very robust, we have found that it does not take up an undue amount of space on your mobile device. Updates are also quick, convenient and go off without a hitch. With each subsequent update, the app also visibly improves. It is apparent that the TVG team has its finger on the pulse of app development and is constantly finding ways to make it more responsive, user-friendly and aesthetically appealing.
TVG racing website review
While many handicappers may prefer to bet via a mobile app, considering the website’s functionality is still essential in any TVG review. Plenty of bettors prefer to wager using a desktop computer or laptop. One reason is that it can be easier to handicap the races using the racing form while also going back and forth to the sportsbook efficiently. It can also be simpler to place a wide variety of bets on various races quickly.
Some users may watch the races via their computer, as additional screen real estate can make it more exciting. Not to mention that astute handicappers may be looking to glean critical information from watching the races, and it can be hard to take it all in via a smaller mobile device.
Another factor making the website experience important is that many bettors may even prefer to use the mobile site rather than the app on mobile devices. One reason is that storage space can be an issue for some, although the TVG app is reasonably sized. It is also helpful to have a backup option if anything goes wrong with the app, even though the TVG app is about as rock solid as they come.
While the web-based experience at TVG is organized a bit differently than the app, we have found that responsiveness is similar, in addition to general navigation and ease of use. Finding different tracks, races, horses and bet types is intuitive, even when dealing with more exotic bets.
On top of all that, the bet slip is straightforward to populate and read. Since there are so many betting options in horse racing, it is crucial that it be easy to navigate between single bets and various multi-leg options, and the bet slip at TVG makes this simple and efficient.
Like the mobile app, you can live stream many events directly from the website. Extensive handicapping information is available, including TVG expert picks. The website offers everything the app does, and if anything more, since there is more space to work with when using a desktop site. And even the mobile site, while not benefiting from added space, is well-tuned to mirror the app closely in smaller-screen functionality.
TVG racing deposit and withdrawal options
When dealing with any form of gambling, a nice variety of banking options is essential. Here we will look at what deposit and withdrawal choices TVG offers.
TVG racing deposit options
- Credit and debit cards: Instant Mastercard and Visa deposits are accepted at TVG with a $5 fee.
- eCheck: The eCheck option at TVG lets you deposit directly from your checking account. Transactions are instant, and there is no fee. Your checking account must be eligible for this deposit type and you must provide a copy of your driver’s license.
- PayPal: Another convenient deposit method is via PayPal, also instant, although there is a $5 transaction fee like with credit and debit cards. You can only use your own personal PayPal account.
- TVG prepaid card: You can sign up for a TVG prepaid card if you are 21 or older and meet approval guidelines. You will receive a physical card in the mail and can use it at ATMs or any retailer that accepts Discover. You can load the card with funds via your bank account, Discover or MasterCard, and transactions are instant but with a $5 transaction fee.
- PayNearMe: You can receive a PayNearMe code and go to a local 7-Eleven or Family Dollar to load your TVG account with cash. These deposits take 30 to 60 Minutes to process, but there is no deposit fee.
- Green Dot MoneyPak: Stores like CVS and Walgreens enable you to obtain MoneyPak Cards that can be used to fund your TVG account. The card activation fee is $5.95, but TVG does not charge for this deposit method. Processing times for these deposits are around 60 minutes.
Wire transfers: You can deposit to TVG using a wire transfer from your bank account. There is a $15 transaction fee, but it is waived on deposits of $1,000 or more. It can take up to one business day for these deposits to process.
- Money order/check: You can fund your TVG account using a physical check or money order. This will, however, take 7 to 10 business days, but there is no deposit limit or transaction fee.
- Deposit at the track: Lastly, you can deposit cash into your TVG account at select physical race tracks and some off-track wagering parlors with no deposit fee. Below is a complete list of physical deposit locations by state.
California: Fairplex and Los Alamitos
Illinois: FanDuel Sportsbook and Horse Racing (formerly Fairmount Park)
Iowa: Prairie Meadows
Massachusetts: Suffolk Downs
New Jersey (4NJBets): Meadowlands, Monmouth Park, Favorites at Woodbridge, Winners Bayonne, Favorites at Hillsborough
Washington: Emerald Downs
TVG racing withdrawal options
Visa/MasterCard debit cards: The maximum withdrawal is $10,000, and you must withdraw back to the card used for your deposit. Processing time is approximately 25 hours.
PayPal: Processing time is 24-30 hours.
eCheck: Allow 2-5 business days for processing.
TVG Prepaid Card: Approximately 24-30 hour processing time.
Wire transfer: Comes with a transaction fee of $15, and funds arrive in 1-2 business days.
Paper check: There is no fee; checks arrive in 3-10 business days.
Cash withdrawals at the track: There is no fee, and cash is delivered instantly.
TVG racing customer service options
Customer support is paramount when dealing with hard-earned money in any form of gambling. Here we will look at how you can contact TVG customer service. Whether via the TVG customer service number at 1-888-752-9884 or live chat and email, we have found TVG support among the industry’s best, as you would expect from a leading racebook of 30 years.
- Support Center: The TVG Support Center looks a lot like that of FanDuel, unsurprisingly due to TVG having been acquired by FanDuel in 2018. You will find an excellent selection of FAQs that are well organized into categories like account management, funding, promotions and contests and technical assistance. Many of your inquiries can be answered via the Support Center without speaking to a representative.
- Live Chat: Live chat is available from 10:00 AM to 11:30 PM EST, seven days a week. You can also leave a message via the chat widget during off hours. You can access live chat via the Support Center.
- Email: Email agents are standing by, and you can expect to receive a response within 24 hours. You can contact TVG support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a message via the contact form here.
- Phone: While it is not advertised on the TVG contact page, you can call the TVG phone number 1-888-752-9884. You may be able to speak with a representative but can also leave a message for a call-back, which will generally occur within 24 hours.
Types of bets available at TVG racing
It is essential in any racebook review to look at the types of bets you can place. Here we will outline and describe the various bet types available at TVG.
Straight bets are the simplest way to bet on horse racing. Below are the three types.
Win: You win your bet if your horse comes in first place.
Place: Your horse can finish in either first or second, and you will win.
Show: Your horse can finish first, second or third, and you win.
Of course, you will win more when betting on your horse to win since it is a more challenging bet to pick. Payouts on place and show can be pretty low on major favorites since their likelihood of coming in the top two or three is very high.
Combination straight bets
Combination straight bets make horse racing a little more exciting yet are still reasonably simple to understand. Here are the standard options.
Across the board (win/place/show): With this type of bet, you combine all three wager types. If your horse wins, you collect on all three. If your horse comes in second, you collect on the place and show bets. If your horse comes in third, you only collect on the show wager.
Win/place or place/show: This wager type is much like across the board but combines win and place or place and show rather than all three top positions.
Exotic single bets
Exotic single bets can be a way to make horse racing action a bit more intricate. Here are the common types and how they work.
Exacta: With an exacta, you pick the two horses that will finish first and second. You can do this as a straight bet or box bet (more on that below).
Trifecta: Trifectas are much like exactas, but you pick which horses will finish first, second and third. You can place these as a straight bet, box bet or key bet (more on that below).
Superfecta: A superfecta takes it to the next level, and you pick which horses will finish first, second, third and fourth. You can place these as a straight bet, box bet or key bet (more on that below).
Omni: With an omni bet, you select two horses, and if they finish in the top three in any order, you win. These bets are available at TVG for select international tracks in the United Kingdom, France, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Trio: Here you are picking the first three horses, and if they can finish in the top three in any order, then you win your wager. This bet is available at TVG for select international tracks in France.
Exotic multiple bets
Exotic multiple bets up the ante and involve multiple races into one wager. There are a few standard types which are outlined below.
Daily double/pick 3/pick 4/pick 6/pick all: Here, you select the winners of consecutive races rather than one race alone. You can add more than one horse into each leg of the wager, which will multiply the cost.
Exotic combinations are ways to take exotic single bets and make them more interesting. Here are the common types and how they work.
Straight: With a straight bet, the wager has only one combination, such as betting one horse in a winning bet or two horses in an exacta with which horse will finish in first and second, respectively, specified.
Box: In a box bet, you can place an exacta/trifecta/superfecta while covering all bases as to winning positions. With an exacta, there would be two possible combinations, a trifecta would include six, and so on. You, of course, must multiply the cost of your bet with a box wager in turn.
Key: To “key” a horse is to bet that horse to win while combining others behind it. For instance, with a trifecta key, you would choose the horse you believe will win and then add a combination of multiple other horses to come in second and third.
Wheel and partial wheel: With a wheel, you can take an entire field in one leg of your bet, while a partial wheel enables you to select a smaller number of horses in one leg of a wager.
Pickswise’s overall TVG racing review
It is evident across the board that TVG is one of the top racebook providers in the US, drawing on 30 years of experience in the industry in addition to all of the expertise that FanDuel has brought to the table since its 2018 acquisition of the racebook brand. Whether you are discussing the app and mobile site, banking options, promos, the number of bet types available, customer service or any other factor, it doesn’t get any better than TVG.
There’s no better time to give it a shot and receive your lucrative TVG promo code offer of up to $200 back on your first bet. Simply place a qualifying win-type wager; you will be reimbursed with $200 in bet credits if it loses. You won’t find a more reputable racebook, and there’s little to lose in giving it a shot while this generous offer lasts.