Opening college football betting lines, odds and spreads for Week 12 of the CFB season: Oregon State makes a statement
We’re through 11 weeks of the 2023 college football season, and what a fall it’s been! We have certainly gotten eventful matchups every weekend, with plenty of upsets to keep fans entertained while also having enough chalk prevail to keep the top of the rankings loaded with traditional powerhouses.
Now it’s time to turn our attention to Week 12. The slate is very solid from top to bottom, headlined by an important game in the SEC between Tennessee and Georgia, plus a top-10 showdown in the Pac-12 between Washington and Oregon State. The opening lines were released at most sportsbooks on Sunday, so let’s take a look at these openers and give our first impressions.
NCAAF Week 12 opening lines and odds
Odds available at FanDuel Sportsbook at time of publishing.
- Boston College +1.5 (-110) vs Pittsburgh – Thursday, November 16
- USF +15.5 (-110) vs UTSA – Friday, November 17
- Colorado +5.5 (-110) vs Washington State – Friday, November 17
- Michigan -20.5 (-110) vs Maryland – Saturday, November 18
- Rutgers +19.5 (-110) vs Penn State – Saturday, November 18
- Oklahoma -24.5 (-110) vs BYU – Saturday, November 18
- Louisville -2.5 (-110) vs Miami – Saturday, November 18
- Tulane -9.5 (-110) vs FAU – Saturday, November 18
- SMU -7.5 (-110) vs Memphis – Saturday, November 18
- Utah -1.5 (-110) vs Arizona +1.5 (-110) – Saturday, November 18
- UCLA +6 (-110) vs USC – Saturday, November 18
- North Carolina +7.5 (-110) vs Clemson – Saturday, November 18
- Georgia -10 (-110) vs Tennessee – Saturday, November 18
- UNLV +4.5 (-110) vs Air Force – Saturday, November 18
- Oklahoma State -7.5 (-110) vs Houston – Saturday, November 18
- Minnesota +28.5 (-110) vs Ohio State – Saturday, November 18
- Oregon -22.5 (-110) vs Arizona State – Saturday, November 18
- UCF +3.5 (-110) vs Texas Tech – Saturday, November 18
- Kansas State -7.5 (-110) vs Kansas – Saturday, November 18
- Florida +11.5 (-110) vs Missouri – Saturday, November 18
- Nebraska +5.5 (-110) vs Wisconsin – Saturday, November 18
- Washington -2.5 (-110) vs Oregon State – Saturday, November 18
- Kentucky -2.5 (-110) vs South Carolina – Saturday, November 18
- Texas -8.5 (-110) vs Iowa State – Saturday, November 18
- San Diego State +13.5 (-110) vs San Jose State – Saturday, November 18
- New Mexico +24.5 (-110) vs Fresno State – Saturday, November 18
NCAAF Week 12 best early bet: Oregon State Beavers ML over Washington Huskies (+105)
This is a game that I’ve had circled for over a month now as the Oregon State Beavers should capitalize on what is a great situational spot for them in Corvallis. Washington is in the midst of its toughest stretch of games this season, having just defeated USC on the road in a 52-42 barnburner and following that performance up with a 35-28 victory over a physical Utah team that hung around for nearly the entirety of the contest. Now, the Huskies are entering an environment in Corvallis that few teams emerge from victorious. In fact, Oregon State’s only loss at home in the last 2 seasons was a 3-point defeat to USC in 2022, in a game that should’ve gone the Beavers way if not for some unfortunate turnover luck.
Oregon State already has wins over UCLA and Utah at home and has a top-20 pass defense that should cause some issues for Michael Penix Jr. and this elite Washington passing attack. On the other side of the ball, Oregon State is a run-first offense that excels in the trenches, something that Washington’s defense has had major issues with in conference play. This is a very confident offense and a defense that can limit Washington’s explosiveness through the air. Let’s take Oregon State as a short underdog to make a statement at home and potentially shake up the Pac-12 title race.