Wise n' Shine: NFL TNF picks, NBA predictions and NCAAF best bets for Thursday, October 26
Good morning, Pickswise Nation. Week 8 of the NFL season kicks off with Thursday Night Football between the Buccaneers and Bills. We also have college football action in addition to games in both the NBA and NHL. It’s another big day in the world of sports, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- The Pickswise experts cashed their NBA parlay at +612 odds, with the Magic, Raptors and Clippers all coming up with wins and covers.
- Week 8 of the college football season continued with Jacksonville State blasting FIU 41-16 and UTEP scraping past Sam Houston State 37-34.
- After all 32 teams took the ice on Tuesday, there was just 1 NHL game on Wednesday. Washington had too much offense for the Devils in a 6-4 road win.
- Get the NFL week started by taking a look at our Buccaneers vs Bills picks
- Check out our previews for tonight’s NBA doubleheader, including our Suns vs Lakers predictions
- Don’t miss our college football predictions for a couple of Thursday contests
- You can also read our NHL picks for Thursday’s huge 11-game schedule
Best Bet of the Day
NBA: Phoenix Suns +1.5 over Los Angeles Lakers (-110)
10:00 pm ET, TNT
The Suns got off to a strong start to the season on Tuesday, beating the Warriors on the road. They even did it without guard Bradley Beal, their prized offseason acquisition. Another offseason pickup, center Jusuf Nurkic, looks like a great fit in the middle. He may not be better than Deandre Ayton on the surface, but he is likely a better fit for this particular team. While the Suns won on opening night, the Lakers did not look great in their opening loss at Denver. It looks like LeBron James is going to be heavily managed from a minutes perspective and Anthony Davis was a complete zero in the second half of the game. Yes…zero points. Let’s ride the early hot hand with this pick. Check out our full Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers predictions.
- Kick off Week 8 in the NFL with our Thursday Night Football betting guide
- Our Buccaneers vs Bills coverage also includes TNF player props, Bucs vs Bills best TD scorer bets and a +831 Buccaneers vs Bills Same Game Parlay
- There’s a new team at the top of the Pickswise NFL Power Rankings. Where is your team?
- The young NBA season continues on Thursday and we have a +881 76ers vs Bucks SGP
- Find out the 2023 World Series Opening Lines for Diamondbacks vs Rangers
- With 22 teams taking the ice, our +884 NHL mega parlay is essential reading
- We also have some NCAAF Week 9 best bets and all the latest lines
- Our NBA futures content is available in our NBA Betting Guide — including championship picks, division winner predictions, MVP best bets and other player awards picks
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Georgia Southern boasts the best pass-blocking grade and the 3rd-best run-blocking grade in the Sun Belt Conference, per PFF. Georgia State is 12th out of 14 SBC teams in pass rush and 13th in pass coverage.
Quote of the Day
“I think this is the best basketball situation for me. The depth is what makes me think this is my best chance to win. We’ve just got to be healthy and we’ve got to be together.“
— Damian Lillard on his trade from Portland to Milwaukee