Michigan Sports Betting
Your definitive guide to sports betting in Michigan. Within this Michigan, sports betting guide we cover all the need to know information about legally and safely wagering on sports in Michigan. We take a look at how and where you can bet on sports in Michigan, breaking down the best sportsbooks with full reviews, including how you can deposit and withdraw funds, and a look at the best sportsbook mobile apps in Michigan. We also detail the best promo codes and sign up offers for new players in Michigan, so be sure to make the most of those when registering.
Michigan Betting Offers
Is Sports Betting Legal In Michigan?
Yes, sports betting is legal in the state of Michigan. Retail betting was first legalized in the state of Michigan after the state passed legislation, launching in March 2020. Only existing Michigan Casinos were able to apply for a sports betting license but they had to quickly close their doors due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Online sports betting has taken much longer to go live, with key details being discussed and ironed out before launch which is expected in January 2021, with all the big names in the industry ready to roll out their online sportsbooks upon launch.
How Did Michigan Sports Betting become Legal?
Like all other states that have not legalized sports betting, the state of Michigan passed legislation to decriminalize sports betting. Initially, players in Michigan were only allowed to wager on sports in-person, with existing Michigan casinos able to able for sportsbook licenses and in-person wagering went live in March 2020. Online sports betting was always set to follow but took some time to go live, with January 2021 the expected launch date of legal online sports betting in Michigan.
Where Can I Bet On Sports In Michigan?
Michigan is the most recent state to go live with online sports betting so the availability of where you can bet on sports in Michigan is unfolding. There are however many big names from the industry ready to rollout online betting products as soon as the state goes live with online betting. For a list of confirmed online sportsbook operators in Michigan, check out the list below.
- FOX Bet
- William Hill
- Barstool Sportsbook
Best Online Michigan Sports Betting Sites?
Our Top-5 Michigan Sportsbooks
- William Hill
Risk-Free First Bet up to $600!
21+. Terms & conditions apply.
- $600 risk-free first bet!
- Get refunded up if you lose up to $600
- Daily odds boosts & promotions
Overall Best Michigan Sportsbook: DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings is a household name to most sports fans due to their industry-leading Daily Fantasy Sports products. The DFS Draftking’s products set a base for the expansion into the sports betting industry and there are remnants of the former seen all across the DraftKings Sportsbook site, including their offers and rewards.
Firstly, the design of the DraftKings Sportsbook won’t be unfamiliar to the avid DFS player, they have many similarities and navigating either is very easy and quick to do.
The sportsbook has a clean, uncrowded interface with all the essential offers, features, and sports clearly displayed on the homepage and easy toolbar access to other sports for those more obscure plays.
With that, and obscure plays or sports, players at DraftKings Sportsbook can make the most of one of the biggest ranges of sports on offer among all US sportsbooks. The number of sports depends on the time of year and the crossover with seasons, but with an abundance of futures markets available, too, you can usually find upwards of 20 sports at DraftKings Sportsbook at any given time.
One of DraftKings’ biggest selling points is its offers and rewards. Just like in their Daily Fantasy Sports, you can get regular offers and rewards such as odds boosts, Money Back Specials on losing wagers, and Deposit bonuses. New Players can often get a great sign up bonuses with free or matched bets, so be sure to head to our Free Bets page to find all of the best sportsbook promos today.
View our full DraftKings Sportsbook review, here where we look at everything you need to know regarding the website and mobile app, including the best signup bonuses, and answer all the key questions around DraftKings.
Best Michigan Mobile Betting Apps?
Here Are Our Top-5 Michigan Sports Betting Apps.
- William Hill
Overall Best Michigan Sportsbook App: DraftKings Sportsbook
The DraftKings Sportsbook App Is pretty similar to the website and has the exact capabilities and functionality, including Live Betting and Live streaming of certain sports matches
DraftKings understands the importance of convenience and user experience to players so the app is regularly updated to improve this and fix any bugs.
Like the web version, the DraftKings Sportsbook app is clean and easy to navigate, with all of the available sports and account functionalities easy to find.
You can deposit and withdraw funds without leaving the app, so it’s a one-stop-shop for all things sports betting at DraftKings.
Click here for our full DraftKings Sportsbook Review where we take a look at all DraftKings functionalities, markets, withdrawal methods, and the Mobile app.
How To Bet Sports Online In Michigan?
Betting sports online in Michigan couldn’t be simpler. Sportsbooks know that a quick, easy, and secure sportsbook is what players want and they put a lot of time and effort into ensuring they offer and continue to offer this. Most sportsbooks will follow the same pathway from opening an account through to placing a bet, including withdrawing and depositing funds into your sportsbook account. Follow our simple step by step guide below on how to bet sports online in Michigan where we run through from creating your account to placing that first wager!
- The first step is to register for an account. For a full list of places where you can legally and safely bet on sports in Michigan, check out the ‘Where can I bet sports in Michigan section above.
If you’re unsure on where is best to open an account, be sure to have a look at our Online Sportsbook Reviews, which include the sports and markets each sportsbook offers, along with deposit and withdrawal methods, a review of the mobile app, and more to help with your decision. Also, be sure to look at our Bonuses Page ahead of registering, where you’ll find the best promo codes and offers such as free bets to use in your state.
- After registering for an account, you will next need to deposit funds into your sportsbook account in order to place a wager. Each sportsbook will have a unique variety of ways you can deposit into your account but all the major cards and methods are usually accepted. You can check out our Online Sportsbook Reviews, or on the sportsbooks’ website and mobile app to find out which methods are accepted at each online sportsbook. To deposit, click on your account details, choose your preferred payment method, and deposit the amount you want to deposit This should automatically credit your account with the funds.
- Next, you need to find the match or sport you want to place a bet on. The majority of sportsbooks will have a panel at the top of the page with the most popular sports and also a full list of sports they have odds on the left-hand side. Use these navigation bars to find the sport you’d like to wager on.
- Once you have found the sport, next you’ll need to find the match you want to wager on. The upcoming events or biggest events will be displayed on the sports’ page, but you can also sort by league or country. Once you find the event, click on the match to see all of the markets and odds available for that particular game.
- Clicking on the pick you want to bet on adds it to your bet slip which will pop up on the page when you add a pick. Here you can add the amount you wish to wager as well as seeing what your potential winnings would be for your bet. Adding multiple selections to the bet slip will prompt the parlay option to appear and it will also calculate your winnings once you enter a stake. Once you have added all of your selections to the bet slip, add your stake and click place a bet and you’re on.
Can You Bet On Sports In Michigan?
Yes, you can bet on sports in Michigan. Following the passing of the state legislature that decriminalized sports betting, in-person sports betting went live in Michigan in March 2020. 10 months later in January 2021, Michigan is now ready for the launch of online and mobile sports wagering with many of the industry’s biggest sportsbooks ready to launch their sportsbooks as soon as the state goes live.