Wise n' Shine: NBA best bets, MLB predictions and NHL picks for Tuesday, October 24
Good morning, Pickswise Nation. Both of the LCS matchups went the distance, so there is one more Game 7 on Tuesday night. This time it’s the Arizona Diamondbacks vs Philadelphia Phillies in the NLCS. We also have the beginning of Week 9 in college football plus an absolutely massive 16-game slate in the NHL. It’s another big day in the world of sports, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- The Rangers won their third pennant in franchise history and first since 2011, blowing out the host Astros 11-4 in Game 7 of the ALCS. The Pickswise team cashed both of its prop bets and is now on a ridiculous 21-4 MLB props run.
- Week 7 of the NFL season wrapped up with the Vikings upsetting the 49ers 22-17 on Monday Night Football. The Pickswise NFL experts cashed Jordan Addison as a +250 touchdown scorer pick and went 8-3 on their ATTS plays in Week 7 for a profit of +16.15 units.
- Preceding today’s monster NHL lineup, Montreal defeated Buffalo 3-1 in Monday night’s only action on the ice.
- Check out the MLB page for all of our NLCS Game 7 coverage
- The NBA season tips off tonight! We have Lakers vs Nuggets predictions and Suns vs Warriors best bets
- Don’t miss our college football predictions for tonight’s contests
- You can also read our NHL picks for Tuesday’s humongous 16-game schedule
Best Bet of the Day
NBA: Golden State Warriors ML over Phoenix Suns (-115)
10pm ET, TNT
The Warriors are one of the oldest teams in the NBA now that Jordan Poole is out and Chris Paul joins Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson in the backcourt. But “old” is not necessarily a bad thing – especially not in the very early stages of a new season. This is a veteran group that quite simply knows how to win. Curry and Thompson remain arguably the best shooters in the association, CP3 can run an offense to perfection, Andrew Wiggins is still at least close to the prime of his career and Draymond Green can do a little bit of everything. Perhaps most important is that Golden State is at home and it is perennially one of the best teams in the league inside its own building. The Suns are obviously formidable, but gelling with newcomer Bradley Beal may take a little while. Check out our full Phoenix Suns vs Golden State Warriors predictions.
- To celebrate the start of the NBA season, we have delivered a +558 Lakers vs Nuggets Same Game Parlay and a +444 Suns vs Warriors SGP
- If that isn’t enough, take a look at our NBA mega parlay at +877 odds
- With all 32 teams taking the ice, our NHL mega parlay is essential reading
- Check out the early NFL Week 8 lines and odds
- We also have some NCAAF Week 9 best bets and all the latest lines
- Our NBA futures content is available in our NBA Betting Guide — including championship picks, division winner predictions, MVP best bets and other player awards picks
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Heading into Tuesday’s Conference USA clash, Liberty is #2 nationally in rushing offense (274.6 yards per game); Western Kentucky is fifth-to-last in rushing defense (203.7 yards allowed per game).
Quote of the Day
“I’m expecting some fun. Game 7… obviously they talk about (how) it’s the best words in sports.“
— Diamondbacks starter Merrill Kelly, who pitched 5.0 innings of 1-run baseball to get the win in Game 6.