Wise n’ Shine: NHL picks, college football predictions, college basketball and soccer best bets for Tuesday, November 7
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another tremendous Tuesday of sports. NFL Week 9 is in the books and the NBA is taking a day off, but we have NHL, college football, college basketball and soccer slates today, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better.
About Last Night
- The Chargers breezed past the Jets on Monday Night Football, winning 27-6 and leaving both teams with 4-4 records. We went 2-0 with our NFL prop picks on the game.
- We smashed it with our Monday NHL mega parlay, which cashed at +850 odds, and went 3-1 with our Monday game picks as well as cashing our Best Bet of over 7 in Oilers vs Canucks, which Vancouver won 6-2.
- There was more success in the NBA, where we went 2-1 on our Best Bets, 2-0 on NBA props and cashed our Monday NBA parlay at +596 odds. The Celtics suffered their first loss of the season, losing 114-109 to the Timberwolves after overtime.
- The NHL is taking its chance to be in the sporting spotlight with a 10-game slate featuring a TNT doubleheader of Red Wings vs Rangers at 7:30 pm ET and Devils vs Avalanche at 10:00 pm ET. Read today’s NHL predictions.
- We have MACtion tonight with college football games including Central Michigan vs Western Michigan on ESPNU at 7:00 pm ET and Ohio vs Buffalo at on ESPN2 at 7:30 pm ET. Check out our NCAAF picks.
- There’s action on the college hardwood too, including Auburn vs Baylor at 9:00 pm ET on ESPN. Read today’s college basketball predictions.
- The Champions League returns tonight, so be sure to check out our soccer picks too!
Best Bet of the Day
NHL: Over 6.5 goals in Buffalo Sabres vs Carolina Hurricanes (-115, BetMGM)
The Carolina Hurricanes and the Buffalo Sabres have both been scoring quite a few goals and taking a lot of penalties. The Hurricanes are averaging 3.42 goals for per game, while the Sabres are averaging 3.25, and they are both ranked in the top 5 for penalty minutes. The Hurricanes have a very good powerplay, so if the Sabres continue to take a lot of penalties, they should be punished for it. The teams met 3 times last season, with 2 of the meetings going over the total of 6.5 goals. Check out our full Sabres vs Hurricanes predictions.
- After yesterday’s big win, be sure to check out today’s NHL mega parlay
- We are well stocked for tonight’s football action with our CFB mega parlay and SGPs for Central Michigan vs Western Michigan and Ohio vs Buffalo
- Check out the early NFL Week 10 lines and odds
- Our golf expert Diane Knox Balas has her Bermuda Championship predictions for you.
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
The Western Michigan Broncos have covered the spread in their last 4 road games.
Quote of the Day
— James Harden enjoyed playing alongside Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Russell Westbrook for the first time, even though the Clippers lost 111-97 to the Knicks on Monday.