UFC 251 full fight card- Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal date, start times, fight island location
The latest PPV offering will see three title bouts on the UFC 251 fight card. It will be the first of a series of events held on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. We break down the key information on Dana White’s fight island, including the UFC 251 start time and date, to get you prepared for the event.
UFC 251 title fights
- Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal (UFC Welterweight title – main event)
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway (UFC Featherweight title – co-main event)
- Petr Yan vs. Jose Aldo (vacant UFC Bantamweight title)
Usman, the welterweight champion, had been scheduled to fight Gilbert Burns. Last week, however, Burns was not feeling well and was therefore removed from the card. Masvidal replaced him to go up against Usman in the main event. Usman is a -275 favorite.
Bet $1, Win $100 if Kamaru Usman Wins!
- Sign up link
- Available in: NJ, CO, IN, WV
Full UFC 251 fight card
Rest of the main card:
- Jessica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas 2 (Women’s Strawweight)
- Amanda Ribas vs. Paige VanZant (Women’s Flyweight)
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Jiri Prochazka (light-heavyweight)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Muslim Salikhov (welterweight)
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Danny Henry (featherweight)
- Leonardo Santos vs. Roman Bogatov (lightweight)
- Marcin Tybura vs. Maxim Grishin (heavyweight)
- Raulian Paiva vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov (flyweight)
- Karol Rosa vs. Vanessa Melo (Women’s bantamweight)
- Davey Grant vs. Martin Day (bantamweight)
UFC 251 information
- Saturday, July 11
- Main Card at 10:00 p.m. EST on PPV
- Prelims at 6:00 p.m. EST on ESPN/ESPN+
- Early prelims at 4:30 p.m. EST on ESPN/ESPN+
- Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Get up to $100 in Bet Credits for UFC 251!
- Sign up link
- Available in: NJ
UFC “Fight Island”
What is it?
“Fight Island” is UFC president Dana White’s appointed spot to host events outside of the United States, as the coronavirus pandemic has made it difficult for athletes to travel. After several USA-based cancellations, White secured this private island to stage fights—mainly for international athletes who cannot make it to the USA.
Where is it located?
It is an island called Yas in the United Arab Emirates city of Abu Dhabi.
When will it open?
Saturday, July 11, is the opening of “Fight Island.”
What fights will take place on Fight Island?
It will host Saturday’s event, then also host events on July 15 (Calvin Kattar vs. Dan Ige), July 18 (Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Joseph Benavidez), and July 25 (Robert Whittaker vs. Darren Till).
Fighters, their traveling parties, and local workers will be relegated to a “safe zone” on the island in which members of the general public will not be allowed. Those in the “safe zone” will be tested for COVID-19 multiple times.
“It’s going to be the tightest bubble that you could sort of ever produce,” UFC COO Lawrence Epstein said in an interview with ESPN. “It’s a pretty unique situation on an island with incredible controls over who’s coming in and not letting people come back in once they’ve left.”
For UFC 251 predictions, betting analysis, and full fight card details see below: