Wise n’ Shine: College football predictions and NHL picks for Friday, October 13
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another fantastic Friday of sports. NFL Week 6 began in relatively uninspiring fashion last night as the Chiefs beat the Broncos, but we have college football and NHL action today, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better.
About Last Night
- TNF was not a game to remember as the Chiefs and Broncos cooked up a 19-8 scoreline the NFL had not seen since 1927. The Chiefs moved on to 5-1 and are +550 odds for the Super Bowl at DraftKings Sportsbook, while the Broncos fell to 1-5 and just failed to cover the 10.5-point spread. We went 2-0 with our NFL prop picks on the game and cashed a TD scorer pick on Courtland Sutton at +240 odds.
- The MLB Championship Series matchups are set after the Phillies’ 3-1 win over the Braves saw them advance to the NLCS to face the Diamondbacks. The Phillies are now +195 odds to win the World Series at FanDuel Sportsbook, behind the Astros at +180, with the Rangers at +290 and the Diamondbacks available at +500. Our handicappers signed off the Divisional Series action in style, going 2-0 on our Game 4 picks and cashing our MLB prop bet and YRFI/NRFI pick too!
- 11 NHL teams played their season openers last night, but the Vegas Golden Knights became the first team to reach 2-0 with a 4-1 road win over the San Jose Sharks. The Stars beat the Blues 2-1 in a shootout while the Devils beat the Red Wings 4-3.
- There’s no baseball today now, but we have some solid football games under the Friday night lights, headed by Stanford vs Deion Sanders’ Colorado at 10:00 pm ET on ESPN. You can read all our NCAAF predictions for the Week 7 games.
- It’s a quieter night on the ice with just 2 NHL games as the Coyotes and Capitals play their first games against the Devils and Penguins respectively. We already have some NHL picks available for Saturday’s slate too.
Best Bet of the Day
NCAAF: Fresno State Bulldogs -4 over Utah State Aggies (-110, DraftKings)
8:00 pm ET, BCSSN
Fresno State comes in at 5-1 after a setback to a really good Wyoming team on the road last week. Utah State is 3-3 and coming off of a 20-point victory over Colorado State. Bulldogs QB Mikey Keene is a doubt for the game with a leg injury but even if he doesn’t play and Logan Fife starts, Fresno should be in good shape. Utah State put up some wild numbers last week with 639 yards of total offense but had turnover issues, coughing it up 4 times. They forced 5 turnovers too, but do not expect that to happen against the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have a stifling pass defense, and they tend to make opponents one-dimensional in a hurry. Read our full Fresno State vs Utah State predictions.
- We have a Stanford vs Colorado Same Game Parlay for tonight’s game, plus our NCAAF Friday mega parlay, Week 7 Best Bets our favorite college football underdog picks.
- NFL fans can check out our NFL Week 6 power rankings and NFL Futures odds
- We have UFC Best Bets and a UFC 4-fight parlay for UFC Fight Night 230
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Colorado QB Shedeur Sanders has a 72.7% completion percentage with 2,020 yards, 19 total touchdowns and only 2 interceptions.
Quote of the Day
“In the biggest tournaments, on the biggest stage, that’s Nick Castellanos. And that’s why he’s here.”
–Bryce Harper was thrilled with his Phillies teammate’s 2 home-run performance in Game 4.