Wise n' Shine: NFL MNF picks and MLB predictions for Monday, October 9
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another magical Monday of sports. We have Monday Night Football and MLB playoffs action today and the NHL is all set to join the party tomorrow. Let’s get straight to making your next bet better.
About Last Night
- It was a great NFL Sunday as we cashed both our Week 5 NFL parlay at +612 odds AND our Week 5 mega parlay at huge +1457 odds! We went 8-3 ML/ATS in our NFL predictions and an awesome 4-0 on our NFL Best Bets, which means we are 14-3 with our NFL 3-star plays over the last 3 weeks!
- The San Francisco 49ers (5-0) are now clear favorites for the Super Bowl at +460 odds (from +550) with FanDuel Sportsbook and just +350 at DraftKings after crushing the Cowboys 42-10. The Chiefs (4-1) are +550 at FanDuel, with the Eagles (5-0) at +700.
- The Texas Rangers are -1000 to reach the AL Championship Series after back-to-back road wins over the Baltimore Orioles, winning Sunday’s Game 2 11-8. The Twins and Astros are level at 1-1, though, after Minnesota won 6-2 in Houston on Sunday.
- We went 3-1 with our Sunday EPL soccer picks, including cashing our only soccer Best Bet of the weekend.
- Check out our NFL predictions for today’s Packers vs Raiders game on ABC at 8:15 pm ET.
- We also have MLB picks for today’s playoff games as the Phillies visit the Braves at 6:07 pm ET and the Dodgers host the Diamondbacks at 9:07 pm ET, with both games on TBS.
Best Bet of the Day
NFL: Green Bay Packers +2 vs Las Vegas Raiders (-108)
8:15 pm ET, ABC
The Raiders are dreadful and rely almost exclusively on Davante Adams and Josh Jacobs. They have lost 3 games in a row and while they’re going to get Jimmy Garoppolo back, 2 of his 3 interceptions against the Steelers looked like they were intended for the defense. The Raiders are a sinking ship, while the Packers are getting healthy after having 10 days between games. Green Bay’s depth and massive coaching advantage should show. Check out our full Packers vs Raiders predictions.
- We have a Packers vs Raiders Same Game Parlay, plus Prop Holliday’s MNF prop picks and our NFL TD scorer picks available to read.
- Lock in our expert’s MLB YRFI/NRFI best bet for today’s playoff action
- Check out the early NFL Week 6 lines and odds
- We also have some NCAAF Week 7 best bets and all the odds
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
The Packers are 4-1 against the spread in their last 5 road games.
Quote of the Day
“They played extremely well, and we did not.”
— Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy was offering no excuses for his team’s heavy loss to the 49ers.