Wise n' Shine: NFL picks, NBA predictions and NHL best bets for Thursday, November 2
Good morning, Pickswise Nation. The World Series is over, but sports never stop. Week 9 of the NFL season kicks off with Thursday Night Football between the Titans and Steelers. We also have college football action in addition to games in both the NBA and NHL. It’s another big day in the world of sports, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- The Rangers won their first World Series in franchise history by beating the Diamondbacks 5-0 in Game 5. Texas compiled a perfect 11-0 road record throughout the postseason.
- Week 10 of the college football season continued with Bowling Green scraping past Ball State 24-21 and Akron edging Kent State 31-27.
- The Blues, Ducks, Sabres and Stars were NHL winners on Wednesday and the Pickswise experts cashed both of their player prop bets.
- Among a plethora of NBA results, Toronto crushed Milwaukee 130-111 and the Lakers outlasted the Clippers 130-125 in overtime. Prop Holliday cashed 2 of his 3 prop plays, including a +136 hit.
- Get the NFL week started by taking a look at our Titans vs Steelers picks
- Check out our NBA predictions for tonight’s 4-game schedule
- Don’t miss our college football predictions for a trio of mid-week contests tonight
- You can also read our NHL picks for Thursday’s huge 12-game schedule
Best Bet of the Day
NHL: New York Islanders ML over Washington Capitals (-130)
7:00 pm ET, ESPN+
Even on the road, the slanders should have little trouble taking care of the Capitals. New York is a much more polished team that has higher expectations and is built for a playoff run. Washington is no pushover, but it is clear that squad is trending in the wrong direction with diminishing talent and depth. Moreover, forward Nicklas Backstrom is taking a step back from hockey for the time being. The Islanders should be able to thrive by playing to their strengths of a smothering defense. They probably don’t have to score a lot to win, which means they should be able to score more than enough since Washington’s blue line is nothing special. Expect the Isles to improve to 3-0-1 in their last 4. Check out our full Islanders vs Capitals predictions.
- Kick off Week 9 in the NFL with our Thursday Night Football betting guide
- Our coverage also includes TNF player props, best TD scorer bets and a +699 Titans vs Steelers Same Game Parlay
- With 24 teams taking the ice, our +888 NHL mega parlay is essential reading
- Check out the early NFL Week 9 lines and odds
- Find out where your team stands in our latest NFL power rankings
- We also have some NCAAF Week 10 best bets and all the latest lines
- Finally, Diane Knox Balas has delivered her golf picks for this week’s WWT Championship
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Heading into tonight’s game against South Alabama, Troy ranks 14th nationally in total defense (300.8 ypg allowed) and 17th in scoring defense (16.88 ppg allowed). The Trojans have held opponents to 7 points or fewer in 3 of their last 4 games.