Wise n' Shine: MLB World Series picks, NBA predictions and NHL best bets for Tuesday, October 31
Happy Halloween, Pickswise Nation! Following yesterday’s sports equinox with the MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL in action, today is a little less busy, but there’s still plenty of games to enjoy. So, let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- The Lions moved to 6-2 with a comfortable 26-14 win over the Raiders, cashing our 3-star best bet on Lions -8 with ease. Sam LaPorta found the end zone to deliver a +200 touchdown scorer pick as well.
- Our NBA handicappers had an excellent start to the week as we cashed out best bet of the day (Nets -1) and went 2-0 on our NBA props, which featured a +110 winner!
- The Texas Rangers took a 2-1 lead in the World Series, and our YRFI/NRFI pick was a quick and sweat-free winner.
- In the NHL, the Golden Knights secured a shootout win over the Canadiens to move to 9-0-1, while the Coyotes smashed the Blackhawks 8-1.
- Game 4 of the World Series is tonight at 8:00 pm ET in Arizona, so make sure to check out our MLB picks for the big game.
- Most of the NBA players get Halloween off as only 3 games are on the slate tonight. Check out our NBA predictions.
- Similar to the NBA, it’s a small day on the ice with just 2 games. Don’t miss our NHL predictions for those.
Best Bet of the Day
NBA: New York Knicks -2.5 over Cleveland Cavaliers (-110, FanDuel)
7:30 pm ET, TNT
It’s a battle of 1-2 teams in Cleveland as the Knicks and Cavaliers meet for the first time this season. However, even though they have the same record, they haven’t been playing the same basketball. The Knicks lost a hard-fought battle in their series opener against the Celtics and followed that up with an offensive-shootout win against the Pelicans. That’s where the Knicks win streak ended though because a poor offensive performance against the Pelicans earned New York its second loss. They take on a Cleveland team that hasn’t been as impressive on the defensive side of the ball as many expected, so at just a few points, New York should be able to cover its small spread. Check out our full New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers predictions.
- Our NBA mega parlay (+1412 odds!) features all 3 games tonight
- We have a Knicks vs Cavs Same Game Parlay and a Spurs vs Suns Same Game Parlay for tonight’s games on TNT
- Check out the early NFL Week 9 lines and odds
- Our golf expert has her WWT Championship picks locked in
- We also have some NCAAF Week 10 best bets and all the odds
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Evan Carter is the 4th-youngest player to bat 4th in a World Series game in MLB history.
Quote of the Day
“Some would say we learned from our mistakes from last year.”
— Jayson Tatum after Boston’s 19-point win over the Wizards, moving the Celtics to 3-0 on the season.