Wise n’ Shine: MLB World Series picks, NBA predictions, college football and NHL best bets for Friday, October 27
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another fantastic Friday of sports. The World Series starts tonight and we also have NBA, NHL, college football and soccer to enjoy, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better.
About Last Night
- NFL Week 8 began with the Bills moving to 5-3 thanks to a 24-18 win over the Buccaneers, although a late Mike Evans TD gave Tampa Bay the back-door cover. The Bills are +1400 odds for the Super Bowl at DraftKings Sportsbook. Evans at +200 was one of our TD scorer picks for the game, building on last week’s amazing 8-3 run.
- Damian Lillard scored 39 points in his Bucks debut to give Milwaukee a 118-117 win over the Sixers in their first game, while the Lakers got to 1-1 with a 100-95 success against the Suns.
- We cashed our only Best Bet of Lightning -1.5 on Thursday’s NHL slate as Tampa Bay smashed the Sharks 6-0. The Avalanche and Bruins both saw their unbeaten starts ended in losses to the Ducks and Penguins respectively.
- Our college football cappers went 2-0 on Thursday thanks to wins by Virginia Tech and Georgia Southern, which also cashed our CFB parlay at +244 odds.
- The Fall Classic is here and the Diamondbacks and Rangers meet in Texas for Game 1 of the World Series at 8:05 pm ET on FOX. Check out our MLB picks for the big game.
- We have an 11-game NBA slate tonight with ESPN showing Heat vs Celtics at 7:30 pm ET and Warriors vs Kings at 10:00 pm ET. You can read all our NBA predictions.
- Florida Atlantic vs Charlotte provides us with Friday night football at 7:30 pm ET on ESPN2. Take a look at our NCAAF predictions for the Week 9 games.
- Tonight’s 6-game NHL docket starts with Blackhawks vs Golden Knights on NHL Network at 6:00 pm ET. Check out our NHL picks, which include a 3-star play for that game.
- There’s also an early start to the weekend EPL action as leaders Tottenham go to Crystal Palace at 3:00 pm ET on USA Network. You can read our soccer predictions.
Best Bet of the Day
NHL: Vegas Golden Knights -1.5 over Chicago Blackhawks (-120, FanDuel/DraftKings)
6:00 pm ET, NHL Network
The Vegas Golden Knights put their perfect 7-0-0 record on the line against the Chicago Blackhawks and have a great opportunity to maintain that 100% win rate. The Golden Knights offense may be too much for the Blackhawks to handle, while their defense is rock-solid, averaging just 1.86 goals against per game. The Blackhawks have struggled to put the puck in the net and the Golden Knights look a good bet on the puck line. Read our full Blackhawks vs Golden Knights predictions.
- We’re all set for the World Series with our Diamondbacks vs Rangers Same Game Parlay, YRFI/NRFI Best Bets , MLB player props and our experts’ World Series predictions.
- Don’t miss our Warriors vs Kings Same Game Parlay for tonight’s NBA action.
- Our College Football Week 9 Best Bets are also available.
- NFL fans can check out our NFL power rankings and NFL Futures analysis
- Our soccer picks for Saturday’s EPL and MLS slates and Saturday EPL parlay are also ready to read.
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
The Rangers lineup is averaging 5.91 runs per game in the postseason.
Quote of the Day
“Nobody knows the magic that’s sitting inside that clubhouse right now”
–Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo is not concerned about his team being the underdog for the World Series.