Wise n’ Shine: MLB World Series picks, NBA predictions, college football and NHL best bets for Wednesday, November 1
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another wonderful Wednesday of sports. The baseball season could potentially end tonight with Texas leading 3-1 heading into Game 5 of the 2023 MLB World Series, and we also have NBA, NHL, college football and soccer action today, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better.
About Last Night
- The Rangers won Game 4 of the World Series 11-7 after storming into a 10-1 lead after 3 innings, and they are now -1450 odds at FanDuel Sportsbook to win the World Series and -102 to get the job done in Arizona tonight. We cashed our Game 4 Same Game Parlay at +488 odds!
- There was more parlay success for our handicappers in the NBA, as we cashed both our Tuesday NBA mega parlay at +1412 odds AND our Spurs vs Suns SGP at +415! The Spurs rallied late to beat the Suns 115-114 while the Clippers won their third straight home game, beating the Magic 118-102.
- The NHL team went 2-0 on the small Wednesday slate and cashed the daily hockey parlay at +172 odds to cap a great parlay day. On the ice, the Kings won their fourth straight road game, beating the Maple Leafs 4-1.
- There’s college football action every day through Saturday this week, and Tuesday’s slate brought wins for Central Michigan and Toledo.
- We have MLB picks for tonight’s World Series Game 5 as the Diamondbacks bid to keep their season alive against the Rangers at 8:03 pm ET on FOX.
- There’s a big 13-game NBA slate tonight, with ESPN showing Pelicans vs Thunder at 7:30 pm ET and Clippers vs Lakers at 10:00 pm ET. Read our NBA predictions.
- There are also NHL predictions for today’s 4 games, including a TNT doubleheader of Sabres vs Flyers at 7:00 pm ET and Blues vs Avalanche at 9:30 pm ET.
- It’s not the highest-quality college football slate of the week but Ball State vs Bowling Green is the pick of the games at 7:00 pm ET on ESPN2. You can read all our NCAAF predictions for the Week 10 games.
- After going 2-0 on Monday, we have soccer picks for tonight’s MLS playoff game.
Best Bet of the Day
NBA: Golden State Warriors -7 over Sacramento Kings (-105, Caesars)
10:00 pm ET, NBCS
These teams met just a few days ago in Sacramento, but for tonight’s rematch the Kings will be heavily shorthanded as De’Aaron Fox won’t play after spraining his ankle in the OT win over the Lakers. That’s a big blow to the ambitions of the Kings as avoiding injuries played a big part in their success last season. They’ve won at Golden State only once in their last 9 visits and with Warriors star Stephen Curry on a roll, the rest of the NBA is in big trouble. Just a day after crushing Dillon Brooks and the Houston Rockets, he torched the New Orleans Pelicans for 42 points. Read our full Kings vs Warriors predictions.
- Go back to the futures with our expert’s NFL player awards odds and best bets
- Check out the early NFL Week 9 lines and odds
- Take a look at the NFL injury news and how it could affect your bets and fantasy teams
- We have SGPs for both the NBA games on ESPN tonight, so check out our picks for Pelicans vs Thunder and Clippers vs Lakers
- We also have an NHL mega parlay lined up for tonight’s games
- You can read the early NCAAF Week 10 best bets and all the odds
- Finally, Diane Knox Balas has delivered her golf picks for this week’s WWT Championship
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
NFL news: Raiders fire Josh McDaniels
Las Vegas Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels has become the first NFL coach fired this season after his team fell to 3-5 with Monday night’s 26-14 loss to the Lions. General manager Dave Ziegler has also been axed. Linebackers coach Antonio Pierce has been named interim coach for the Raiders, who are favored by 2.5 points at home to the Giants on Sunday. They are +1200 odds with DraftKings Sportsbook to make the playoffs this season.
NFL deadline day moves: Chase Young joins 49ers
Former 2nd overall pick Chase Young headed the list of NFL deadline-day trades as he made the 49ers’ defensive line even more impressive. Here are the key trades made on Tuesday:
- Bills acquire Packers CB Rasul Douglas and a 2024 5th-round pick for a 2024 3rd-round pick
- Lions acquire Browns WR Donovan Peoples-Jones for a 2025 6th-round pick
- 49ers acquire Commanders DE Chase Young for a 2024 3rd-round pick
- Vikings acquire Cardinals QB Josh Dobbs and a 7th-round pick for a 6th-round pick
- Bears acquire Commanders DE Montez Sweat for a 2024 2nd-round pick
Stat of the Day
The Texas Rangers became the first team to score 5+ runs in back-to-back innings of a World Series game.
Quote of the Day
“This is where we want to be. It’s a one-game-at-a-time mentality. We win the ballgame, we get a ring.”
— Rangers infielder Marcus Semien is keeping it simple ahead of Game 5.