Wise n' Shine: MLB Playoff picks, College Football predictions and NHL best bets for Tuesday, October 17
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another terrific Tuesday of sports. Game 2 of the NLCS between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Philadelphia Phillies is tonight, along with a packed NHL slate and college football action. Let’s get straight to making your next bet better.
About Last Night
- Dallas secured a 20-17 win over the Chargers to give us a 3-star best bet winner. And take our record to 22-12 on the season!
- The Texas Rangers won again as they took a commanding 2-0 series lead in the ALCS over the Houston Astros. Plus, the Philadelphia Phillies began the NLCS with a win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. But the real story was that our MLB experts are now on a 12-2 run on our MLB player prop best bets after yet another winner!
- We have MLB picks for today’s playoff game between the Arizona Diamondbacks and Philadelphia Phillies in Game 2 of the NLCS.
- Don’t miss our NHL picks for all of today’s 9-game slate.
- We also have college football predictions for tonight’s games, including Western Kentucky vs Jacksonville State.
Best Bet of the Day
NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Buffalo Sabres Over 6.5
7:30 pm ET, ESPN
Over the past few NHL seasons, we have seen the game transition to a fast-paced and highly skilled one. With that, the number of goals being scored each night has been on the rise. We are seeing that trend continue in the young 2023-2024 NHL season, with about two-thirds of the teams in the NHL averaging 3 goals for per game or more. Both the Buffalo Sabres and Tampa Bay Lightning have struggled early on the defensive side of the puck. They are allowing an average of 4.00 and 4.67 goals against per game early on this season. Check out our full Lightning vs Sabres predictions.
- Lock on tonight’s NHL mega parlay at tantalizing +894 odds
- Don’t miss our golf expert’s Zozo Championship predictions and picks
- Check out the early NCAAF Week 8 opening lines
- We also have NFL Week 7 opening odds and our expert’s best early bet to make right now
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Aaron Nola has not allowed a first-inning run in 12 of his last 14 starts.