Wise n' Shine: NBA predictions, NHL picks and college football best bets for Friday, November 17
Good morning, Pickswise Nation. We have college football and college basketball action tonight in addition to games in both the NBA and NHL. Moreover, Week 11 in the NFL is underway and we can now turn our attention to Sunday. For now, it’s another big day in the world of sports — so let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- Week 11 of the NHL season kicked off with Thursday Night Football, which saw the Ravens easily cover a -3.5 spread in their 34-20 drubbing of the AFC North rival Bengals, with Joe Burrow forced out of the game due to injury. In other news,we cashed our Bengals vs Ravens Same Game Parlay at +982 odds!
- On the college football gridiron, Week 11 continued in the form of Pittsburgh’s 24-16 victory over Boston College in an ACC matchup.
- The Senators, Golden Knights, Devils, Lightning and Flames were among the NHL winners on Thursday as our experts went 4-3 with their picks.
- A small 2-game slate in the NBA saw Miami take care of Brooklyn and Golden State – without the suspended Draymond Green – fall at home to Oklahoma City.
- Check out our NBA picks for tonight’s 11-game schedule, including Kings vs Spurs and Suns vs Jazz on ESPN.
- Don’t miss our college football predictions for a couple of Friday night contests.
- You can also read our NHL picks for today’s 3-game slate.
- Head over to the college basketball page for Friday’s game previews.
Best Bet of the Day
NCAAF: Colorado Buffaloes +4.5 over Washington State Cougars (-110)
10:30 pm ET, FS1
It’s true that it has been mostly bad news for more than a month when it comes to Colorado. The Buffaloes are 4-6 and have to win their last 2 games to be bowl-eligible. But there is a piece of good news: they have a great chance to pick up 1 of those 2 wins on Friday night because things are even worse for Washington State. The Cougars started the season 4-0 and have since lost 6 in a row. During this skid, they have lost to the 4 other worst teams in the Pac-12 standings (along with themselves and Colorado). Wazzu also got blown out by Arizona 44-6 and it has given up at least 38 points in 4 of its last 5 outings. Behind QB Shedeur Sanders, the Buffaloes have a good chance to win this game outright and at the very least should cover. Check out our full Colorado vs Washington State predictions.
- All eyes on our Maple Leafs vs Red Wings Same Game Parlay for today’s NHL game in Stockholm
- We’ve also got a Suns vs Jazz Same Game Parlay for their matchup on ESPN at 10:00 pm ET
- NCAAF expert Caleb Wilfinger has delivered his 3 college football best bets for Saturday
- Our Colorado vs Washington State Same Game Parlay has +604 odds!
- We have 3 college football underdog best bets for Week 12, with our expert 20-12-1 this season
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the day on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Heading into tonight’s college football matchup with UTSA, South Florida quarterback Byrum Bowen is 1 of 9 QBs in the FBS this season who is leading his team in both passing and rushing yards.
Quote of the Day
“I try my best not to think about that or I would go insane.“
— Giants running back Saquon Barkley, who will be a free agent this offseason, on his contract status. New York visits Washington on Sunday.