Wise n' Shine: NFL Thursday Night Football picks, NCAAF predictions & MLB best bets for Thursday, September 28
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another terrific Thursday of sports. NFL Week 3 is here with Thursday Night Football, plus we have college football action and pivotal MLB games, while online sports betting has officially launched in Kentucky today! Let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- In the biggest move of the NBA offseason, Damian Lillard was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks. Our own Ricky Dimon has the fallout from the trade, plus a look at the current NBA Finals odds
- We had a full slate of MLB games on Tuesday and the biggest result was a massive win for the Astros over the Mariners to stay ahead in the AL Wild Card race. Our expert hit his best bet on the Rays. We’re also on a 15-4 run on MLB player props.
- We have complete NFL Thursday Night Football coverage for you in our TNF betting guide, including Lions vs Packers best bets for the side, total, props and a Same Game Parlay.
- Don’t miss our expert’s Same Game Parlay for Middle Tennessee vs Western Kentucky, plus our NCAAF picks for today’s games.
- Check out our MLB picks for all today’s games, including Rangers vs Mariners in a pivotal AL West series at 9:40 pm ET.
Best Bet of the Day
NFL: Detroit Lions -1 (-110) over Green Bay Packers
8:15 pm ET, Amazon Prime
The Lions haven’t won the NFC North since 1993. I know that. You know that. Dan Campbell knows that. If his players don’t know that, they will by game time. The Lions coach is a master motivator who is an expert at getting his teams ready for pivotal games (see: final Packers game a year ago, Chiefs in Week 1). Given how both teams have performed this season, this Thursday figures to be critical in deciding the division, and I suspect Campbell will treat it like that in practice this week. Campbell has had great success against the Packers since taking over in Detroit with a 3-1 record against the Lions’ bitter rivals, so I’m more than happy to back Detroit in this spot. Read our full Lions vs Packers predictions.
- Get our Lions vs Packers best prop bets for TNF after our expert went 10-3 in Week 3
- Don’t miss our Lions vs Packers anytime touchdown scorer best bets
- It’s Ryder Cup week so be sure to read the Ryder Cup predictions and Ryder Cup prop bets from Diane Knox Balas.
- Our expert has the smart YRFI/NRFI best bets for today’s baseball and is looking to build on his 34-18 run
- Be sure to check out our expert’s NFL futures best bets to place before Week 4
- We also have NFL Power Rankings for you to read before Week 4
- We have some NCAAF Week 5 best bets and all the odds
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Thursday Night Football games have gone under 45 in 2 of 3 weeks this season. The total for Thursday’s Lions vs Packers game is set at 45.5 at most outlets.