Wise n' Shine: MLB picks and NFL futures odds for Wednesday, September 27
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another wonderful Wednesday of sports. We have a packed MLB slate to enjoy today and NFL Week 3 is just around the corner, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- We had a full slate of MLB games on Tuesday and the Blue Jays fell to the Yankees to keep the Mariners within striking distance in the AL Wild Card race. Our expert went 2-0 on his YRFI/NRFI best bets. We also went 2-0 on our player prop bets to improve to a 14-2 run.
- Check out our MLB picks for all today’s games, including Yankees vs Blue Jays at 7:07 pm ET and Astros vs Mariners in a pivotal AL West series at 9:40 pm ET.
Best Bet of the Day
MLB: Texas Rangers ML over Los Angeles Angels (-160)
9:38 pm ET
The AL West is a complete mess right now, and the Rangers are at the front of it. Heading into Tuesday night’s game, the Rangers had a few game lead in the division. Texas is just barely above the Mariners and Astros, who are playing each other right now, so the Rangers need to take advantage of this series against the lowly Angels. On the mound for the Rangers will be the dependable Dane Dunning, who owns a 3.88 ERA in 162.1 innings this season. Recently, Dunning hasn’t been as effective and it could be because he’s thrown so many innings this season. But luckily for him, he’s had great success against the Angels this season. In 10 innings against Los Angeles, he has allowed 8 hits and 3 earned runs. And now he will face an Angels lineup without Shohei Ohtani, Mike Trout and Anthony Rendon. Read our full Rangers vs Angels predictions.
- It’s Ryder Cup week so be sure to read the Ryder Cup predictions and Ryder Cup prop bets from Diane Knox Balas.
- Our expert has the smart YRFI/NRFI best bets for today’s baseball and is looking to build on his 33-17 run
- Be sure to check out our expert’s NFL futures best bets to place before Week 4
- We also have NFL Power Rankings for you to read before Week 4
- Check out the early NFL Week 4 lines and odds
- Get our Lions vs Packers best prop bets for TNF after our expert went 10-3 in Week 3
- We have some NCAAF Week 5 best bets and all the odds
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Prior to their loss against the Tigers on Tuesday, the Royals had won 11 of their previous 12 games to leapfrog the Oakland A’s, who now have the worst record in baseball.