Wise n' Shine: MLB predictions, soccer picks and World Series odds for Tuesday, October 3
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another terrific Tuesday of sports. The start of the MLB playoffs is here, plus we have a lovely day of Champions League soccer ahead, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- The Seattle Seahawks dismantled the New York Giants by a 24-3 score at MetLife Stadium. Daniel Jones had 3 turnovers while Seattle’s defense terrorized the Giants offensive line in the win.
- Seattle moved to 3-1 with the win while the Giants are now 1-3. New York will face Miami on Sunday.
- Heading into the Wild Card round, the Braves are World Series favorites at +310 odds with DraftKings Sportsbook, with the Dodgers at +450 and the Astros available at +500. Action begins on Tuesday at 3:00 pm ET on ABC with the Texas Rangers vs Tampa Bay Rays.
- Check out our MLB predictions for today’s quartet of MLB Wild Card Round action.
- We also have soccer picks for a loaded UEFA Champions League Tuesday afternoon slate.
Best Bet of the Day
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays vs Minnesota Twins Under 7.5 (-110)
If there’s one thing you should know about postseason baseball, it’s that scores tend to be much lower. That is because of the mix of great starting pitching with quick hooks and only the best relievers. Great pitching beats great hitting every time, and that is usually what we see in the playoffs. Between a pair of aces and two rested and solid bullpens, the under is the way to go in Game 1. Check out our full Blue Jays vs Twins predictions.
- Check out our MLB World Series best bet for the start of the postseason
- Our expert’s MLB Wild Card series predictions are live!
- Don’t miss today’s MLB Wild Card YRFI/NRFI best bets
- We have a Blue Jays-Twins Same Game Parlay (+491 odds!)
- We have Champions League best bets for Tuesday’s monster slate.
- Check out the early NFL Week 5 lines and odds
- We also have some NCAAF Week 6 best bets and all the odds
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Daniel Jones was sacked 11 times in the Giants’ loss to the Seahawks on Monday Night Football.