Wise n' Shine: MLB best bets, NCAAF picks and NHL predictions for Wednesday, October 11
Good morning, Pickswise Nation. There are both Game 3s and Game 4s in the Major League baseball playoffs on Tuesday. We also have the continuation of Week 7 in college football to go along with day #2 of the 2023-24 NHL campaign. It’s another big day in the world of sports, so let‘s get straight to making your next bet better!
About Last Night
- The Pickswise team cashed its only 3-star best bet of the day as Liberty covered -6 against Jacksonville State to kick off college football Week 7 action. The Flames did it with room to spare, dominating 31-13.
- The #1 seed in the American League is out of the postseason without winning a single game, as Baltimore got swept by Texas. A 7-1 victory for the Rangers finished off the series in style. Meanwhile, Houston leads Minnesota 2-1 following a 9-1 beatdown.
- It may be just a bit too early to start planning a parade, but the Connor Bedard era for the Blackhawks began in fine fashion with a 4-2 win at Pittsburgh on Opening Day in the NHL. Tampa Bay beat Nashville 5-3 while last season’s Stanley Cup winners Vegas beat Seattle 4-1.
- Check out our MLB predictions for today’s trio of MLB postseason division-series games.
- Feast your eyes on this college football preview for UTEP vs Florida International
- You can also read our NHL picks for night 2 of the season
Best Bet of the Day
MLB: Arizona Diamondbacks +1.5 over Los Angeles Dodgers (-125)
The Dodgers dropped 2 in a row at home to begin their NLDS matchup with the division-rival Diamondbacks. And that doesn’t even tell the full story. Los Angeles lost 11-2 in the series opener and has scored a total of 4 runs through 2 games. The NL West champions have already used their 2 best pitchers, too, which means Lance Lynn gets the nod, who compiled a 6.47 ERA with the White Sox before being moved at the trade deadline. He has been better with L.A. — but not by much. The Snakes should remain on a roll or at the very least keep this contest within a run. Check out our full Dodgers vs Diamondbacks predictions.
- Our NFL Week 6 power rankings are out! Where does your team stand?
- Go back to the futures with our expert’s NFL player awards odds and best bets
- Check out the early NFL Week 6 lines and odds
- Don’t miss our MLB mega parlay at +841 odds for the ALDS and NLDS games today
- This Dodgers vs Diamondbacks Same Game Parlay pays out at +1032 odds
- The NHL season is here and we have futures bets for division champions and the Stanley Cup
- Day 2 of the 2023-24 NHL campaign calls for a +1041 mega parlay
- We also have some early NCAAF Week 7 best bets and all the odds
- Finally, Diane Knox Balas has delivered her golf picks for this week’s Shriners Children’s Open
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
UTEP is averaging just 187.7 passing yards per game and 6.8 yards per pass attempt heading into today’s game against Florida International. The Miners have scored 14 points or fewer in 4 of their 6 contests this season.
Quote of the Day
“He can smell a victory… or he can smell when I’m about to take him out.”
— Astros manager Dusty Baker on Cristian Javier, whom Baker decided to leave in the game after Javier walked the bases loaded in the fifth inning against the Twins