Wise n' Shine: MLB best bets, NCAAF predictions and soccer picks for Wednesday, October 4
Good morning, Pickswise Nation. We have Game 2s in all 4 Major League Baseball wild-card series on today’s schedule along with the start of Week 6 in college football. Don’t forget about Champions League action, too. It’s another big day in the world of sports, so let’s get straight to making your next bet better with Wise n’ Shine!
About Last Night
- The Pickswise MLB experts are off to a dominant start to the postseason, going 3-1 ML/RL and 4-0 O/U to finish 7-1 overall with their MLB picks on Tuesday.
- The Twins, Rangers, Phillies and Diamondbacks have gotten out to 1-0 leads in their respective wild-card series. All 4 will look to close things out on Wednesday.
- Group-stage competition in the UEFA Champions League continued with Arsenal losing to Lens 2-1 and Manchester United falling to Galatasaray 3-2.
- Check out our MLB predictions for today’s quartet of MLB postseason wild-card games.
- Don’t miss our college football previews of Jacksonville State vs Middle Tennessee State and Florida International vs New Mexico State
- We also have soccer picks for Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League games
Best Bet of the Day
MLB: Tampa Bay Rays ML over Texas Rangers (-146)
The Rays should have a good chance to bounce back from Tuesday’s Game 1 loss to the Rangers. Zach Eflin is taking the mound for Tampa Bay and he has been fantastic at home this year. In 18 regular-season starts at Tropicana Field, he compiled a 3.30 ERA while limiting hitters to a .238 batting average to go along with a 30.4% strikeout rate. As for Texas, it has been dealing with injuries to the pitching rotation all season long. Since Nathan Eovaldi returned for the Rangers from a month-long absence due to a forearm issue, the righty is saddled with a disastrous 9.30 ERA and a 1.62 WHIP in 6 outings. Check out our full Rangers vs Rays predictions.
- Check out our MLB World Series best bet for the start of the postseason
- Our expert’s MLB wild-card series predictions are live!
- We have a Rangers-Rays Same Game Parlay (+790 odds!)
- Read our Champions League best bets for Wednesday’s monster slate.
- Check out the early NFL Week 5 lines and odds
- Thursday Night Football is on the horizon and we have our best Bears vs Commanders prop bets
- Don’t forget about tennis; we have outright picks for the Shanghai Masters 1000
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
New Mexico State is dead last in all of college football in number of offensive plays per game and Florida International also averages fewer than 60 heading into Wednesday night’s matchup.
Quote of the Day
“There’s nothing normal about how I’m attacking this rehab. The common practice is about six weeks in a boot and I was in a shoe in 13 days.”
— New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who suffered a torn Achilles’ in Week 1