Wise n' Shine: MLB picks, NCAAF predictions and NHL best bets for Tuesday, October 10
Good morning, Pickswise Nation, and welcome to another terrific Tuesday of sports. We have midweek action in college football and MLB playoffs action today, plus the NHL season is finally here! Let’s get straight to making your next bet better.
About Last Night
- Monday Night Football turned out to be a snoozer, with the Raiders knocking off the Packers by a 17-13 score. Green Bay has now dropped back-t0-back games to fall to 2-3 on the season.
- The NLDS wrapped up their Game 2s on Monday, with the Braves rallying from 4-0 down to beat the Phillies, while the Diamondbacks held off the Dodgers to take a commanding 2-0 lead in that series. On the props side of things, our handicappers have now cashed 5 straight MLB prop bets and we’re on an 8-1 props run!
- Check out our MLB picks for today’s playoff games as the Astros visit the Twins at 4:07 pm ET and the Orioles host the Rangers at 8:07 pm ET, with both games on FS1.
- We’ve also got NCAAF picks for tonight’s action on the gridiron.
- Don’t miss our NHL picks for opening night, which features 3 games on ESPN!
Best Bet of the Day
CFB: Liberty Flames -6 over Jacksonville State Gamecocks (-110)
7:30 pm ET, ESPNU
This game should be predicated around the run, as Liberty and Jacksonville State rush the ball on over 61% of their plays against FBS opponents – both in the top 11 nationally. Against similarly poor strength of schedules, Liberty has had more success on the ground offensively. The Flames average 5.7 yards per rush against FBS opponents while the Gamecocks average 4.7. Furthermore, Liberty grades higher than Jacksonville State in stuff rate and line yards, as well as rush-play PPA, success rate and explosiveness. Check out our full Liberty vs Jacksonville State predictions.
- We have an NCAAF Tuesday mega parlay at +927 odds for all of tonight’s C-USA and Sun Belt action.
- Lock in our expert’s MLB YRFI/NRFI best bet for today’s playoff action
- Don’t miss our NHL mega parlay at +747 odds for Opening Night
- Check out the early NFL Week 6 lines and odds
- We also have some early NCAAF Week 7 best bets and all the odds
- There are also Golf picks for this week’s Shriners Children’s Open from Diane Knox Balas
Read all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
The Braves, Dodgers, Astros and Orioles are a combined 2-6 through the first 2 games of the MLB Division Series. All four teams had extra rest as a result of being a top-2 seed in their respective conferences.
Quote of the Day
“We split the two games, and now we have home-field advantage.”
— Phillies manager Rob Thomson is focused on the big picture after his team blew a 4-0 lead in a Game 2 loss to the Atlanta Braves on Monday.