Opening college football betting lines, odds and spreads for Week 6 of the CFB season
Week 5 of the college football season is in the books. In particular, Saturday delivered a ton of excitement. We had close finishes, upsets and compelling games galore. In all, it was a weekend that further solidified the excitement this college football season.
Now it’s time to turn our attention to Week 6. This slate is another compelling one, with plenty of intriguing matchups. The opening lines were released at most sportsbooks on Sunday, so let’s take a look at these openers and give our first impressions.
NCAAF Week 6 opening lines and odds
Odds available at DraftKings Sportsbook at time of publishing.
- SMU +3.5 (-110) vs UCF – Wednesday, October 5
- Nebraska -3 (-105) vs Rutgers – Friday, October 7
- Houston +2.5 (-110) vs Memphis – Friday, October 7
- TCU -4.5 (-110) vs Kansas – Saturday, October 8
- Texas -5.5 (-110) vs Oklahoma – Saturday, October 8
- Tennessee -3 (-120) vs LSU – Saturday, October 8
- Purdue +3.5 (-110) vs Maryland – Saturday, October 8
- Arkansas +5 (-110) vs Mississippi State – Saturday, October 8
- Michigan -21.5 (-110) vs Indiana – Saturday, October 8
- Iowa +4,5 (-110) vs Illinois – Saturday, October 8
- Florida State +3.5 (-110) vs NC State – Saturday, October 8
- Clemson -20 (-110) vs Boston College – Saturday, October 8
- Utah -3 (-110) vs UCLA – Saturday, October 8
- Auburn +28 (-110) vs Georgia – Saturday, October 8
- Texas Tech +10 (-110) vs Oklahoma State – Saturday, October 8
- Ohio State -25 (-110) vs Michigan State – Saturday, October 8
- UNC +4.5 (-120) vs Miami – Saturday, October 8
- Washington -12 (-110) vs Arizona State – Saturday, October 8
- Washington State +11 (-110) vs USC – Saturday, October 8
- Kansas State -2 (-110) vs Iowa State – Saturday, October 8
- Texas A&M +24 (-110) vs Alabama – Saturday, October 8
- Oregon -11.5 (-110) vs Arizona – Saturday, October 8
We’ll have college football picks for almost every game this season!
Best early bets for NCAAF Week 6
TCU -4.5 (-110) over Kansas
Last week I backed Kansas once again, and the Jayhawks got the job done against Iowa State. However, I did mention that we were going to have to fade the Jayhawks at some point. The time to do so is now. The hype has never been higher for Kansas, with the Jayhawks hosting TCU on Saturday with College GameDay in town. This is the perfect sell-high spot and another opportunity to back a Horned Frogs team that is absolutely rolling. Look for TCU’s offense to stay hot against a Kansas defense that is susceptible against the pass.
Utah -3 (-110) over UCLA
While Utah has USC on deck, the win for UCLA over Washington on Friday means that the Bruins should have Utah’s full attention. The Utes have been absolutely bludgeoning teams over the last few weeks, including a beatdown of Oregon State on Saturday. And while UCLA had great success against Washington, the Huskies defense is by far the weakness of their team. The same can’t be said for Utah, with the Utes holding their last 3 opponents to a combined 36 points. Furthermore, Kyle Whittingham has simply had Chip Kelly’s number, as the Utes have defeated the Bruins in each of their last 3 meetings by at least 20 points.
Duke -2.5 (-120) over Georgia Tech
This line seems a little short, and I imagine that it’s an overreaction to Saturday’s massive win for Georgia Tech over Pittsburgh. The Yellow Jackets were 3-touchdown underdogs and pulled off one of the biggest upsets in the Power 5 this season. However, I suspect Duke will be bet up to over a field goal as the week progresses. The Blue Devils are 4-1 under new head coach Mike Elko and have looked like a much improved unit in doing so. On the other side, Georgia Tech is in position for a massive letdown spot after a huge win. The Yellow Jackets don’t have much of a home-field edge either, so I like this for Duke at -3 or better.
Pickswise is the home of College Football Picks and College Football Predictions. Check out our latest College Football analysis including our College Football Parlay picks and our College Football Best Bets.